Rothschild Digital Confirmation Campaign Disperses After TC Heartland
- September 11, 2017
Rothschild Digital Confirmation, LLC has filed three more cases in its campaign asserting patents generally related to mobile image capture, transmission, and storage. The new defendants are FieldAware (2:17-cv-00635), GoSpotCheck (1:17-cv-02182), and Repsly (1:17-cv-11706), added in Texas, Colorado, and Massachusetts, respectively. Leigh M. Rothschild began this campaign in 2014 in Delaware, accusing banks (Bank of America, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo) and mobile banking application providers, principally Mitek, of infringing four patents. After multiple rulings in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings unfavorable to Rothschild, the prolific plaintiff moved the campaign to the Eastern District of Texas; but now, in the wake of the US Supreme Court’s TC Heartland decision on proper venue in patent cases, the campaign has spread out.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics