Hypermedia Navigation Hits Facebook
Hypermedia Navigation LLC, an affiliate of monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), first filed suit in the Eastern District of Texas in January 2017, against Yahoo. After agreeing to a post-TC Heartland transfer of the Yahoo case to the Northern District of California, the NPE filed a mid-September case against Microsoft, and now it has added a Northern District of California case against Facebook (4:17-cv-05383). Hypermedia Navigation has asserted a total of nine patents from a 13-member family, all generally related to organizing and presenting media and information that a user requests online. The defendants are accused of infringement through provision of their general and/or video search features.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics