IV Asserts Yet More Wireless Communications Patents in New Cases Against Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Sprint, T-Mobile
- September 24, 2017
Intellectual Ventures LLC (through its subsidiary Intellectual Ventures II LLC) (IV) has filed a sixth lawsuit (2:17-cv-00661) against Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) in the same litigation campaign. The new case asserts six wireless communications patents, not seen previously in litigation, against the carrier, together with LM Ericsson. IV concurrently filed a new case (2:17-cv-00662) against Ericsson, Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent), and SoftBank (Nextel Operations, Sprint Spectrum), asserting the same six patents. While Ericsson was not named as a defendant in earlier cases in this campaign, Ericsson has brought nearly half of the 43 petitions for inter partes review (IPR) challenging various patents-at-issue.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics