Somaltus Brings Its Battery Campaign to the Show-Me State
- September 21, 2017
Somaltus LLC has added a case against Energizer Holdings (4:17-cv-02440) to cases filed earlier this summer against Maxim Integrated Products, Tenergy, and Universal Power Group in its battery service system campaign. Before the US Supreme Court’s TC Heartland decision in May, Somaltus, as is typical of an IP Edge LLC affiliate, had focused its litigation in the Eastern District of Texas, but since that decision, the NPE has been forced to litigate elsewhere; with the new suit, Somaltus now has active cases in Delaware, Missouri, Ohio, and Texas. Energizer is accused of infringement through provision of its Recharge Universal Charger. Battery charging devices have been at issue throughout this campaign, which began in February 2015, although earlier waves in the campaign targeted automakers and the battery operations within smartphones and other portable computing products.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics