Inventor-Controlled Iron Oak Sues Sharp
- October 6, 2017
Iron Oak Technologies LLC has filed suit against Sharp (1:17-cv-01153), asserting all five patents already at issue in the campaign that it began in November 2016. Sharp joins ASUS, Fujitsu, Samsung, and Toshiba as defendants in the Northern District of Texas; an earlier suit against Acer was transferred to the Western District of Texas in the wake of the US Supreme Court’s TC Heartland decision on patent venue, as was a case against Lenovo, which was later transferred again, to the District of Delaware. A suit against Pantech Wireless was dismissed without prejudice this past March. At issue across the campaign are the defendants’ mobile computing devices (smartphones, laptops, tablets), while the new complaint also contains allegations targeting certain smart TVs and printers made or sold by Sharp.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics