Fortress Sues Intel over Patents Acquired from NXP and Freescale
- October 5, 2017
VLSI Technology LLC has filed suit against Intel (3:17-cv-05671), asserting eight patents received either directly from NXP or from Freescale, which NXP acquired in December 2015. The plaintiff, an apparent affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC, has targeted a large number of microprocessors, including Intel Core i3, i5, and i7; Xeon E3, E5, and E7; and Atom microprocessors, as well as Stratix 10 Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and other products that incorporate Embedded Multi-Die Interconnect Bridge (“EMIB”) technology.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics