SCA Ventures Sues Huawei over Patent Asserted in Separate Campaign Ending This Past May
- October 8, 2017
SCA Ventures, LLC, an affiliate of IP Valuation Partners LLC (IPVal), has filed suit against Huawei (2:17-cv-00684), asserting a patent previously seen in litigation brought by Numic Technology, LLC, an affiliate of Daniel F. Perez. Huawei is accused of infringement through the manufacture and sale of phones with text editing features responsive to a user through the touchscreen (e.g., locating a cursor by touch, selecting text for editing, pulling up a virtual keyboard, etc.). Defendants in the Numic Technology campaign, which concerned seven other patents not now at issue, included BLU Products, Ecom Instruments, Nikon, Sonim Technologies, TCT (TCT Mobile), and ZTE.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!