Facebook Hit by IPVal Affiliate Asserting Patents Received from Intellectual Ventures
- October 7, 2017
Hyper Search LLC, the formation of which RPX first reported in July, has begun filing litigation. The NPE (an affiliate of IPValuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal)) sued Facebook (1:17-cv-01387) on October 3, accusing the company’s website of infringing three patents received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in early July. IPVal has now launched 14 litigation campaigns so far in 2017, two involving patents acquired from IV.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics