Kroy IP Reboots Litigation Campaign with New Suit Against Groupon
- October 9, 2017
Kroy IP Holdings, LLC has filed its first litigation in four years, asserting a patent that emerged from reexamination proceedings with a February 2015 certificate confirming the patentability of certain claims as amended and approving 100 additional claims. The new complaint accuses Groupon (1:17-cv-01405) of infringement through provision of “website portals and applications”, including www.groupon.com, Groupon Stores, Merchant Center, Deal Builder, and Groupon Now!, as well as the company’s mobile applications Groupon app and Groupon Merchant. This litigation campaign began in June 2011 and has seen a patent related to the one now in suit invalidated on multiple bases in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics