Acacia’s Cellular Communications Equipment Opens Up Fourth Active Case Against ZTE
- October 14, 2017
Multiple companies already active in Acacia Research Corporation’s Cellular Communications Equipment LLC (CCE) campaign have been sued once more, over former Nokia patents yet again. The NPE’s October 12 complaint (3:17-cv-02805), filed in the Northern District of Texas, asserts three previously litigated patents against mobile device maker ZTE, together with wireless carriers AT&T (AT&T Mobility), Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile), SoftBank (Boost Mobile, Sprint Solutions, Sprint Spectrum), Verizon (Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless); the defendants are accused of infringement through provision of various mobile devices with cellular service. CCE’s latest filing—its first in nearly six months—follows Acacia’s announcement last month that CCE and Parthenon Unified Memory Architecture LLC had entered into an agreement with Apple “to resolve patent litigation”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics