Realtime Data and Realtime Adaptive Streaming Each Add More Cases to Their Long-Running, Sprawling Campaign
- October 20, 2017
This past week saw new lawsuits from each of two NPEs affiliated with Gerald Padian and Richard Tashjian, partners in the New York law firm Tashjian & Padian, waging a single litigation campaign, Realtime Data LLC since April 2008 and Realtime Adaptive Streaming LLC since August 2017. Realtime Data added cases against Code42 Software (1:17-cv-02479) and Nexenta Systems (2:17-cv-07690) to the portion of the campaign litigating patents generally related to data compression or to accelerated loading of operating systems and applications upon system boot or application launch. Meanwhile, Realtime Adaptive has sued Hulu (2:17-cv-07611) and Cisco (6:17-cv-00591) over patents broadly directed to video and audio data compression and distribution. The number of defendants in the Realtime campaign has now topped 75.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics