Iron Oak Sues Sierra Wireless
- October 23, 2017
October has now seen a third new case in the campaign that Iron Oak Technologies LLC began last November. The NPE has added a case against Sierra Wireless (1:17-cv-01485) to the District of Delaware wing of its campaign, which also includes an active suit against Lenovo. Litigation against Acer and Dell (the latter having also been sued this month) proceeds in the Western District of Texas, while separate cases against ASUS, Fujitsu, Samsung, Sharp (also brought into the campaign in October), and Toshiba proceed in the Northern District of Texas. Five patents have been asserted across these suits, with one of the four at issue in the Sierra Wireless case generally related to remotely patching the operating code of a mobile device and the other three broadly concerning identifying and tracking items over a cellular network. Sierra’s wireless cellular modules are the latest accused products.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics