Monument Subsidiary Files Suit Against Samsung over Recently Acquired Location Services Patents
- October 28, 2017
RPX reported in early October the assignment of 15 patents from TP Lab, Inc. to Local Intelligence, LLC, an affiliate of Monument Patent Holdings, LLC. The NPE has now filed its first suit, targeting Galaxy S6, S7, and S8 smartphones made and sold by Samsung (2:17-cv-00716). Three related patents that broadly concern updating a phone’s display with a location-specific “communication service” are asserted, with the complaint’s allegations focusing on the use of navigation services (e.g., Google Maps), including the presentation of an edge display listing “My Places” for the user.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!