Quarterhill’s Anton Innovations Adds MSI Computer to Wireless Campaign
- October 26, 2017
Anton Innovations Inc., a subsidiary of Quarterhill Inc. (f/k/a Wi-LAN Inc.), has sued Micro-Star (MSI Computer) (8:17-cv-01880) over the provision of laptops and tablets with wireless transceivers that can connect to Wi-Fi through multiple wireless protocols (e.g., 802.11a, b, g, and/or n) and to cellular broadband networks (e.g., GSM and UMTS). Wireless modules made by Intel and Qualcomm and broadband connection manager software made by Google are implicated, in various combinations, by the NPE’s complaint. The new case reopens Anton’s campaign after a short hiatus following dismissals in each of June, July, and August of this year; all four wireless communications patents previously at issue in the campaign are asserted against MSI Computer.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics