New NPE Kicks Off a Financial Services Campaign Asserting a Familiar Patent
- October 25, 2017
Publishing Technologies LLC, an NPE formed this summer and managed by Bradley D. Liddle, has launched its first litigation campaign. On October 25, Publishing Technologies filed one suit each in the Eastern District of Texas against Bank of America (6:17-cv-00610), Capital One (6:17-cv-00608), Charles Schwab (6:17-cv-00611), Fidelity (6:17-cv-00609), and TD Ameritrade (6:17-cv-00612), accusing the defendants’ online trading platforms of infringing a single patent generally concerning information content management in network-based communication systems. The patent-in-suit has been previously asserted in litigation by another NPE, Wireless Ink Corporation (which also has ties to Liddle), in a mobile website campaign that ended in September 2015.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics