Backed by New Financing, Yates May Be Poised to Make a Comeback
- November 4, 2017
NPEs under the control of patent attorney Brian Yates collectively filed more than 500 patent infringement suits in 2015-2016, earning Yates a place among the top five NPEs (by defendants added to litigation) in both years. While 2017 has seen a decline in the number of cases filed by Yates affiliates—perhaps, in part, due to a sanctions ruling in January—a financing deal revealed by USPTO records suggests that new litigation may be looming.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics