Costco and Walgreen Added to IPVal’s Water Campaign as Bottlers Intervene
- November 5, 2017
Veraseal LLC, an affiliate of patent monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), has added cases against Costco (2:17-cv-00713) and Walgreen (2:17-cv-00723) to the campaign that it began in July with a suit filed against Wal-Mart. All three cases concern a single patent generally related to certain kinds of containers, with the defendants accused of infringement through the sale of bottled water products: Costco, through the sale of Kirkland Signature water products (apparently bottled by Niagara Bottling); Walgreen, through Crystal Geyser products (a subsidiary of Japanese pharmaceutical company Otsuka Holdings); and Wal-Mart, through the sale of, e.g., Poland Spring Water. Bericap and Closure Systems International (CSI) have filed unopposed motions to intervene in the Wal-Mart case, indicating that they indirectly provide technology targeted by Veraseal (CSI through Niagara Bottling).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics