Cameras with LCD Interfaces Accused of Infringing Former Motorola Patent
- November 11, 2017
SCA Ventures, LLC has added three cases to the campaign that it began last month against Huawei, suing Canon (2:17-cv-00730), Panasonic (2:17-cv-00731), and Ricoh (2:17-cv-00732). The new complaints again assert a single patent generally related to electronic devices with a display that provides a manually controllable cursor and virtual keyboard. Infringement allegations against these new defendants focus on video and/or still cameras with LCD control interfaces, while SCA Ventures accused Huawei of infringement through the provision of phones with text editing features responsive to a user through the touchscreen. The patent-in-suit was previously asserted in a campaign litigated by an affiliate of Daniel F. Perez.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics