Quarterhill Hires Acquisitions Expert as New CEO
- December 5, 2017
Quarterhill Inc. announced on December 4 that it has appointed Douglas Parker as president and CEO, effective January 1. Prior to joining Quarterhill, Parker served as Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, at Open Text Corp., a publicly traded enterprise information management company based in Waterloo, Canada. Parker is taking the reins from Shaun McEwan, who has served as interim CEO since Quarterhill’s April unveiling of plans to restructure its business model, de-emphasizing patent licensing and refocusing on the acquisition of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) businesses; McEwan will return to his position as CFO of Quarterhill effective January 1, according to the company. James Skippen remains as acting CEO of WiLAN, the patent licensing portion of Quarterhill’s business, while a search continues for his permanent replacement.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics