New NPE Launches Health App Campaign Against Samsung
- December 7, 2017
An NPE formed this past January in Virginia, SmarTEN LLC, has filed its first case, accusing Samsung (1:17-cv-01381) of infringing four related patents broadly concerning a “hand-held weight and exercise management computing device”. SmarTEN targets Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S8 Series, as well as Note 8 Series, smartphones having the “built-in S-Health App” (subsequently renamed Samsung Health). The NPE pleads that it sent a letter notifying Samsung of its alleged infringement of three of the asserted patents in February 2017; the fourth patent in the complaint issued thereafter, in August 2017.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics