Empire IP’s Location-Based Content Campaign Hits Retailers for Sale of JVC Kenwood and Pioneer Devices
LBS Innovations, LLC, an affiliate of monetization firm Empire IP LLC, has filed a new case in the largest of Empire IP’s over 40 litigation campaigns. The new complaint accuses Best Buy, Car Toys, and Fry’s Electronics (2:17-cv-00792) of infringing a single patent through the sale of GPS navigation devices made by either JVC Kenwood or Pioneer Electronics, neither of which is itself named as a defendant. The patent generally relates to providing location-based information, including “entertainment, commercial offers, and advertising” to mobile devices. LBS Innovations began this campaign in March 2011, with the number of defendants now topping 100.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics