Following a Major Loss in Its PoE Campaign, Network-1 Pivots to IoT and M2M Technologies
Network-1 Technologies, Inc. issued a press release on January 4, announcing the acquisition of a patent portfolio “relating to several key technologies applicable to the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine industries and next generation consumer mobile technologies”. The portfolio was acquired from M2M and IoT Technologies, LLC, described by Network-1 as an inventor-controlled IP development company. The acquisition closely follows a November trial loss for Network-1, in which multiple claims of its Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) patent, which the NPE has litigated against roughly 25 companies to date, were invalidated.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics