Sisvel Targets Recommendation Engines in First Litigation Campaign of 2018
- January 13, 2018
Sisvel International S.A., through Italian subsidiary S.I.Sv.El. Societa’ Italiana Per Lo Sviluppo Dell’Elettronica S.p.A. (Sisvel Italy), has initiated a new campaign, asserting for the first time patents received from Philips in December 2016. The defendants are Rakuten (Rakuten Kobo) (1:18-cv-00068), Rhapsody (1:18-cv-00069), and Spotify (1:18-cv-00070), each of which is accused of infringing at least two of five former Philips patents, generally related to storage and association of user profiles/metadata with “content items”, through the provision of media recommendation features that factor in user preferences.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics