Website Slideshow Presentations at Issue in Take Two over Former Adaptive Avenue Patent
- January 12, 2018
Lawson Innovations LLC has filed suit against Southern Newspapers (4:18-cv-00099) over a patent broadly related to the use of “slide show format” presentations on the web. At issue is the publisher’s use of carousels to cycle through stories on various local newspaper websites. This campaign is not the first to assert this patent; Adaptive Avenue Associates, Inc., an entity formed and controlled by the patent’s sole named inventor, targeted similar “web slideshow presentations” in a case filed against Sally Beauty Supply in June 2016.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics