Retailers Sued over Sales of Certain Solar-Powered Lighted Umbrellas
- January 17, 2018
LakeSouth Holdings LLC has filed suit against three retailers—Ace Hardware (3:18-cv-00107), Amazon (3:18-cv-00104), and Costco (3:18-cv-00105)—over the sale of certain solar-powered lighted umbrellas. LakeSouth holds roughly five dozen patents, most originally developed by World Factory and generally related to solar-powered devices (e.g., thermometers, clocks, lights, umbrellas, etc.), two of which are asserted in these latest complaints. The NPE identifies multiple licensed manufacturers of solar-powered lighted umbrellas, restricting its infringement allegations to the alleged sale by Ace, Amazon, or Costco of such devices made by unlicensed providers.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics