Federal Circuit Affirms PTAB Decision that Network-1 Patent Is Not Invalid in Google CBM Review
- January 26, 2018
The Federal Circuit has upheld a Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) decision that a media content identification patent held by publicly traded Network-1 Technologies, Inc. is not invalid over certain prior art (2017-1379). In a two-page order issued on January 23, the court affirmed the PTAB’s October 2016 holding in a covered business method (CBM) review filed by Google (CBM2015-00113) that the patent at issue is not invalid as obvious, ruling that the Board did not err in its construction of a key claim term.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics