Inventor-Backed Phenix Sues TI over LCD Color Correction Patent
- January 24, 2018
Phenix, LLC (again using past assumed name Phenix Longhorn, LLC) has filed suit against Texas Instruments (TI) (2:18-cv-00020) over a single patent generally related to an integrated circuit for LCD color correction. The complaint accuses TI of infringement through the provision of integrated circuits that allegedly implement the plaintiff’s “programmable gamma (PGamma) correction” technology, with those chips purportedly used in certain Apple iMacs and in certain televisions manufactured by either LG Electronics, Philips, Samsung, or Toshiba. Phenix ’s new suit follows a recent dismissal in a case filed against VIZIO, after roughly a year of litigation that ended with an Eastern District of Texas order transferring the case to the Northern District of California for improper venue under TC Heartland.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics