Lemaire Sues HTC, Accusing More Mobile Phone Flash Systems of Infringement
- January 23, 2018
Lemaire Illumination Technologies LLC, an inventor-backed NPE, has filed suit against HTC (2:18-cv-00021), asserting three patents broadly related to controlling and powering a solid-state light source such as a light-emitting diode (LED). Lemaire has asserted the patents in previous cases filed against LG Electronics (LGE) (dismissed with prejudice in October 2017) and Microsoft (filed shortly thereafter, in November 2017), targeting color-adjusted camera flash systems within the defendants’ smartphones. Two of the patents were previously seen in an IPNav litigation campaign running from July 2012 to February 2014.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics