Chat Engine Campaign Sees Second Wave Filed, This One in Southern District of New York
- January 31, 2018
A week after Epic IP LLC began asserting a single online chatting patent in a new litigation campaign, three more defendants have been hit: Fareportal (1:18-cv-00880), JAND (1:18-cv-00881), and Sharp (1:18-cv-00882). On January 24, the NPE sued AutoNation, Backblaze, and Blue Jeans Network, now accusing all six defendants of infringement through provision of live chat mechanisms on their websites. Epic IP is an apparent affiliate of IP Edge LLC, and this campaign appears to be the Texas monetization firm’s first of 2018.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics