“Vivato” Tags ARRIS over Acquisition of Ruckus Wireless, as NEWO Asks for Severance and Stay
- February 6, 2018
XR Communications, LLC (d/b/a Vivato) has filed suit against ARRIS (Ruckus Networks) (8:18-cv-00192), asserting the same three patents already at issue in the other ten cases in the campaign. The new complaint follows Brocade’s sell-off of Ruckus Wireless in the wake of its own acquisition by Broadcom. The plaintiff pleads in the new complaint that at a recent hearing, counsel for Ruckus Wireless, sued in a separate case, represented that the company “probably doesn’t exist anymore” and that “the company that exists is Ruckus Networks and ARRIS company”. XR Communications further pleads that Ruckus Networks is the alter ego of its new parent companies, operating as a business unit rather than a separate subsidiary.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics