German Offshoot of IV Wireless Campaign Proceeds Against Telecom Providers
The past two years have seen a dip in US litigation filed by Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV), which started only one new American campaign in 2017 and none the year before. However, available court records indicate that an offshoot of one of the NPE’s oldest remaining US campaigns—started in 2011 and targeting a host of wireless carriers—also remains active in Germany. Filed documents indicate that appeal hearings were held as recently as January 24 in cases against European carriers Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, and Vodafone. The related US campaign is one of just two in which IV filed new litigation in 2017, during which time the NPE accelerated the pace of divestitures from its massive portfolio.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics