Rothschild Affiliate Launches Second Mapping Campaign as First Runs into Alice
- February 23, 2018
Location Based Services, LLC (LBS), an entity controlled by inventor and frequent plaintiff Leigh M. Rothschild, has opened up a second litigation campaign from a portfolio of patents received in a December 2016 transfer from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV). The two new complaints tag Cobra Electronics (1:18-cv-00308) and Sony (1:18-cv-00283) in the District of Delaware, asserting a single patent generally related to organizing image data by, among other things, location metadata. The accused product in the Cobra Electronics complaint is its Drive HD Player for PC and Mac, while Sony is accused of infringement through provision of PlayMemories software for Mac, Windows, and PS3. LBS’s second litigation campaign comes as the NPE appeals to the Federal Circuit an Alice-related order gutting—but not ending—its first.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics