Dominion Asserts Former Kodak Patents in New US Suits
Monument Peak Ventures, LLC (MPV) has filed its first US lawsuits over patents acquired from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) as part of the former Kodak portfolio transferred to the Dominion Harbor Enterprises, LLC affiliate in February 2017. The new complaints accuse Victor Hasselblad (2:18-cv-02214) of infringing four of those patents and GoPro (1:18-cv-00416) and SZ DJI Technology (2:18-cv-02214) of infringing different sets of five, with two patents asserted across all three suits. The patents generally relate to various aspects of photography, with the post-processing software of GoPro (GoPro Studio Software), Hasselblad (Phocus) and SZ DJI (CineLight), as well as certain GoPro cameras and certain features of SZ DJI’s drone products, accused of infringement. MPV issued a May 2017 press release announcing a licensing partnership with Swedish IP brokerage and consulting firm Parallel North IP AB as part of a “comprehensive global plan to commercialize” the Kodak portfolio.
- Monument Peak Ventures, LLC v. SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. et al
- Monument Peak Ventures, LLC v. Victor Hasselblad AB et al
- Monument Peak Ventures, LLC v. GoPro, Inc.
- Monument Peak Ventures, LLC v. Hasselblad Inc.
- Monument Peak Ventures, LLC v. Bosch Security Systems, Inc.
- Monument Peak Ventures, LLC v. Sakar International, Inc.