Marathon Settles Fraud Suit Brought by Symantec
- March 25, 2018
Publicly traded Marathon Patent Group, Inc. has announced a settlement with Symantec, ending the company’s litigation against the NPE and several other defendants over alleged fraud and misrepresentations stemming from a 2012 patent monetization agreement. As Marathon recently disclosed in an SEC filing, the settlement was executed on March 8 and has led to the dismissal of litigation filed by Symantec in California state court against Marathon; IPNav and its founder and former CEO Erich Spangenberg; two other entities involved in the relevant transactions, Marathon’s Clouding Corp. and IPNav’s Clouding IP LLC; and Clouding IP’s manager, William J. Carter. The settlement also resolved a related Delaware District Court suit filed by Symantec against IPNav and Spangenberg alone.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics