Roughly a Year after Two Jury Verdicts in Its Favor, IOENGINE Sues PayPal
IOENGINE, LLC has sued PayPal (1:18-cv-00452) over a patent previously at issue in its sole litigation campaign, as well as two subsequently issuing family members. The patents generally relate to portable storage devices, with infringement allegations targeting PayPal’s provision of payment card readers and related mobile apps as used with the company’s servers to process various types of payment transactions. Just over a year ago, IOENGINE was awarded, in two separate jury verdicts, $1.4M from Interactive Media (d/b/a Kanguru Solutions) and $11M from GlassBridge Enterprise (f/k/a Imation), for infringement of the earlier-issued patent.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics