Federal Circuit Overturns PTAB Decisions That Left Network-1 Patents Largely Intact in Google IPRs
- March 28, 2018
The Federal Circuit has reversed a series of final decisions that mostly upheld the validity of four patents held by Network-1 Technologies, Inc. in four inter partes reviews (IPRs) filed by Google. In a March 26 opinion, the appeals court held that the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) erred in its construction of a key claim term upon which those June 2016 decisions had turned, remanding for further proceedings consistent with Google’s preferred construction.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!