Rothschild’s Location Based Services Campaign Doubles in Size
- March 30, 2018
JVCKenwood (2:18-cv-02462) and Thinkware Systems (8:18-cv-00492) have been added to the second litigation campaign initiated by Leigh M. Rothschild affiliate Location Based Services, LLC (LBS). A single patent generally related to organizing image data by, among other things, location metadata has now been asserted in complaints against four defendants, including Cobra Electronics and Sony in February cases filed in Delaware. LBS has accused JVCKenwood of infringement through the provision of the Kenwood Driver Reviewer for PC and Mac; Thinkware Systems, of the DashCam Viewer for PC and Mac. This second LBS litigation campaign comes as the NPE appeals to the Federal Circuit an order invalidating under Alice several of the patents asserted in its first litigation campaign, begun in February 2017.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics