Pendrell Assigns Hundreds of Patents to Uniloc
- March 31, 2018
In late March, the USPTO made public five patent assignments from various Pendrell Corporation subsidiaries to Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. This transaction appears to be the one that Pendrell disclosed in a February SEC filing—a divestiture it described as comprising “patents related to cellular and digital wireless devices and infrastructure” from multiple sources, including Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), IBM, and Philips. Collectively, the transfers assigned over 445 assets to Uniloc, including patents now being asserted by the NPE in seven recently initiated litigation campaigns.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics