Uniloc Targets Alexa in Fifth 2018 Case Filed Against Amazon
- March 31, 2018
So far this year, Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. and Uniloc USA, Inc. (collectively, Uniloc) have kicked off two of their seven new litigation campaigns by filing suit against Amazon, asserting patents recently acquired from Pendrell Corporation. Uniloc, however, has also added cases against Amazon to a couple of the many litigation campaigns that it began last year. The latest (2:18-cv-00123) is a case over a patent received from HP Enterprise, generally related to using a “palm-sized computer” to control a “service” on a network. Uniloc accuses Amazon of infringement through provision of its Alexa platform that allows, for example, certain smartphones and tablets to control other devices, including “Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo, Tap, and video cameras”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics