IP Edge Text Messaging Campaign Turns from Mobile Banking Apps to Mobile Security Apps
- April 6, 2018
IP Edge LLC affiliate Anuwave LLC has rebooted its litigation campaign with a new round of filings, shifting application of the sole text messaging patent-in-suit from the provision of mobile banking services to the provision of “text security services”—i.e., security apps that locate a mobile device by sending it a text message from another device. The new complaints hit Avast (1:18-cv-00506), BitDefender (1:18-cv-00507), BullGuard (1:18-cv-00508), Symantec (1:18-cv-00509), Total Defense (1:18-cv-00510) and Webroot (1:18-cv-00511) in the District of Delaware and Sophos (1:18-cv-10655) in the District of Massachusetts, where prior defendants in the campaign, numbering close to 50, have typically been banks.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics