Omni MedSci Targets Apple Watches in New Suit
- April 6, 2018
Inventor-controlled Omni MedSci, Inc. has filed suit against Apple (2:18-cv-00134), asserting four patents, naming as inventor University of Michigan professor Mohammed N. Islam, that generally relate to a “personal device”/wearable using “optical beams”/“near infrared lasers” for measurement. At issue are several models of Apple’s Watch product, including Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 GPS, and Series 3 GPS + Cellular watches, which Omni MedSci alleges measure heart rate using semiconductor LEDs.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics