Emergency Call Patent Naming as Inventors Three Penixes and a Hauser Asserted in New Case Against Apple
Zomm, LLC, a company based in Oklahoma, has filed suit against Apple (1:18-cv-03534), pleading a claim for infringement of a single patent, generally related to a “wireless security device” that connects to a nearby telephone to place an emergency call, together with claims for breach of contract and unfair competition under New York state law. Apple is accused of infringement through the manufacture and sale of the Apple Watch, Series 1 and 2, “at least when running watchOS 3 or watchOS 4”, the complaint focusing on the products’ ability to place an emergency call through a paired iPhone.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics