One IPVal Affiliate Launches New Media Distribution Campaign as Another Cites Recent Case Law to Oppose an Alice Motion
Adiona IP, LLC, an affiliate of monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), has filed its first lawsuit, accusing TiVo (1:18-cv-00670) of infringing two media distribution patents, one originally developed by Cypress Semiconductor and the other, by Philips. Adiona IP received both patents in a May 2017 transfer from TQ Beta LLC, an affiliate of Techquity Capital Management, LLC. At issue in the new case are TiVo’s Multi-Room Streaming service and the company’s Roamio OTA VOX digital video recorder (DVR).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics