Uniloc Kicks Off a Tenth Campaign of 2018, Again Asserting a Patent Acquired from Pendrell
- June 8, 2018
Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. and Uniloc USA, Inc. (collectively, Uniloc) have filed a new case against Box (3:18-cv-03432), asserting a patent generally related to replacing substrings in a file or directory pathname with tokens. At issue in the complaint is Box’s “content management and file sharing software”, including Business, Individual, and Enterprise editions. This campaign is the tenth that Uniloc has initiated this year, all asserting patents acquired from publicly traded NPE Pendrell Corporation, which sold hundreds of patent assets from its “Pendragon” portfolio (held by subsidiary Pendragon Wireless LLC) to Uniloc in January—the patents derive from multiple original sources, including the Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), IBM, and Philips.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics