LGE Smart TVs Targeted with TVnGO Patents
- June 6, 2018
TVnGo Ltd. (BVI) has filed suit against LG Electronics (LGE) (2:18-cv-10238) in the District of New Jersey, asserting a family of five patents generally related to making televisions “smart” by “combining television content, such as analog and digital television signals, with Internet content, such as streaming services like Netflix, in a user friendly and easily manageable manner”. TVnGo accuses LGE of infringement through the manufacture and sale of certain smart TVs, including various older models as well as more recent models running WebOS sold after 2014, that allegedly use “overlays to display both television content and Internet content on a television screen”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics