Power Management Campaign Sees Xerox Exit, Oki Data Enter
PC Coma LLC, an affiliate of monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), has added a second case to the litigation campaign that it began at the end of May by suing Xerox in the Eastern District of Texas. The new defendant is Oki Electric Industry (Oki Data Americas) (1:18-cv-00872), with the Delaware complaint again asserting a single patent, generally related to power management in computing devices, against the defendant’s multifunction printers (the “Okidata MB472w”). The accused model’s power management system—i.e., its “Power Save Mode” and “Sleep Mode”—is at issue. The day after PC Coma filed against Oki Data, it voluntarily dismissed the Xerox complaint.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics