Latest Curiously Named IPVal Affiliate to File Suit Does So over Search Results Patents
- June 14, 2018
Errol LLC, another affiliate of monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), has initiated a new litigation campaign, filing suit against Coveo Software (1:18-cv-00888) and Micro Focus (1:18-cv-00889) over two patents generally related to organizing search results. Errol accuses the defendants of infringement through the data indexing and search features in Coveo Platform 7.0 and in Micro Focus IDOL, respectively, the latter product acquired as part of the September 2017 merger between Micro Focus and the software business of HP Enterprise. Errol’s campaign appears to be IPVal’s fifth new campaign in the last six weeks, and eighth new campaign in 2018 so far, with more likely on the way.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics