Texas Jury Issues Infringement Verdict for Korean Research University in Semiconductor Suit
- June 22, 2018
A jury in the Eastern District of Texas has issued an infringement verdict for a US-based subsidiary of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), a South Korean state-run research university. On June 15, the jury found that Samsung had infringed a single KAIST patent through the provision of semiconductor products utilizing FinFET technology, also finding GlobalFoundries and Qualcomm to infringe through the provision of chips and devices that incorporate FinFET architectures. The verdict included a finding of willfulness as to Samsung and awarded $400M in damages against that defendant.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics