Individual Inventor Sues Apple over Key Flick Technology
- June 19, 2018
Individual inventor Toshiyasu Abe has filed suit against Apple (3:18-cv-01067), asserting a single patent generally related to a keyboard with keys that present multiple options when pressed and held. Apple is accused of infringement through provision of certain later models of iPads, iPad Minis, and iPhones, with the complaint focusing infringement allegations on the default touchscreen keyboards on these products, as well as on the Key Flicks and 3D Touch features. Abe also targets the availability of third-party keyboard apps allegedly available through the App Store.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics