After Alice Win, Ironworks Sues BLU Products
- June 20, 2018
In the wake of the Northern District of California’s recent denial of a related Alice motion brought by Apple, Ironworks Patents LLC has filed suit against BLU Products (1:18-cv-22478) in the Southern District of Florida. The new complaint asserts one of the patents that survived in the Northern District, as well as a later-issuing relative, both generally related to tactile alerts on a “mobile station”. Smartphones have been at issue throughout this campaign, with Ironworks accusing BLU Products of infringement through the manufacture and sale of “at least the Advance, Dash, Energy, Grand, Life, Neo, Pure, R, S, Studio, and Vivo Series smartphones”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics